RSD runs its events in the absolute safest manner in order to insure safety of all drivers, spectators, and track venues. We expect all of our attendees to abide by all rules. It is very important that all venues are kept clean and that all venue rules are strictly followed.
2017 Rulebook – Drivers and Spectators
Section I: Drivers Requirements
- All drivers must attend the Driver’s meeting, which will be held 30 minutes before the start of each event. Ex. If an event starts at 10:00am the drivers meeting will begin at 9:30am.
- All drivers must possess a valid driver’s license. If they do not then they must be willing to sign an underage waiver form. Underage drivers must have a parent/guardian present
- Driver’s MUST clean up all trash at the end of the event. We have some awesome venues to drift at this season. Let’s not ruin that by leaving trash everywhere.
- Driver’s and passengers must wear long pants and closed toe shoes.
- All drivers must have and wear a working seatbelt!
- A helmet is required. Must be SA2010 or SA2015, open faced helmets are allowed. All helmets must have a working chin strap and must be used.
- Road Speed is 10 mph in all areas off the track
- No trucks, vans, or SUVs are allowed to drift without approval. Any soft-top convertibles must have rollover protection. RSD reserves the right to refuse track use to any vehicle deemed unsafe for participation.
Section II: Spectator Requirements
- All spectators must stand or sit within the spectator-designated area.
- All spectators must use nearby trashcans and must not leave any trash.
- If any spectator that is found outside of the designated spectator area will be swiftly removed from the event.
- All drivers and spectators must park their vehicles in the designated parking area.
- Road Speed is 10 mph in all areas off the track
Section III: Vehicle Requirements
- Vehicle inspection will be conducted at the beginning of every event. Tech Inspection will be conducted before the driver’s meeting. Any car deemed unsafe will not be able to participate until all safety requirements are met.
- Brakes, Drive train, chassis, and suspension will all be inspected for safety.
- Fire Extinguishers are required for all events. They must be mounted properly (no zip ties!) and must be within reach of the driver WHILE they are fastened into their seat. Minimum 2Lb rated .
- Everything Loose inside your vehicle must be removed including floor mats, cell phones, baby car seats, sunglasses, tires and all other types of random junk
- ABSOLUTLEY no fluids can be leaking out of your car.
- Battery must be securely tied down with proper hardware. No duct tape or wood blocks, no bungie ties rope or zip ties. If the battery box is located in the drivers compartment then it must be sealed – non venting. If it is not sealed then it must vent to the exterior of the car.
- All suspension bushings and ball joints must be in good condition and must not have any play or clunking.
- All participants’ cars must have all lug nuts present on both wheels and spacers.
- A heat shield is required for all events. This heat shield must protect the brake and clutch master cylinder and is only required for cars with exhaust manifolds on the same side as the brake/clutch master cylinders.
- Coolant overflow is required. Yes, it can be a bottle but the hoses must be properly fastened to the tank.
- Brakes are a required for all driver classes…
- Convertibles: All convertibles MUST have a roll bar for all track events, skid pad is the only exception. No junk roll bars either. Please contact us with any questions about roll bars being accepted
- Brake lights must be operational
- Tow hooks are required both front and rear and must be highly visible and/or their location clearly marked. Soft straps are not required but recommended for ease of use.
Harnesses and Seats
- Harnesses must be mounted properly. Harness in-date are recommended, expired harnesses must be in good shape with no rips or tears.
- Harnesses must be mounted using proper hardware. When using eye bolts which go though the floor, large fender washers must be used. Harness shoulder straps must be mounted to a roll cage or separate harness bar and should not be outside of 20* of horizontal. The seat cannot be used as a guide for the harness. Harness mounting points must be attached to the chassis or roll cage/harness bar, not to the seat or seat rails.
- If car does not have a roll cage, a harness bar can be used to mount the shoulder belts when using a 4, 5 or 6-point harness. 4, 5 or 6 point harnesss is required for any vehicles equipped with a roll cage, minimum of 5 point is recommended.
- Please refer to manufacture specs for proper installation and maintenance procedures.
- If stock seats are used, oem seatbelt must be used. Harnesses are not permitted for use with seats which do not have provisions for such.
- If race seats are intended to be used with stock seat belt, the lap belt part of the seat belt must pass through the holes in the sides of the seat
Section IV: Driver Class Requirements
There will be 3 driver’s classes for all major events and 2 classes for the smaller events. The requirements for each class are as follows. This year we will be very strict on our driver classes in order to keep our events well organized. All drivers will be organized into a driver class based off of their performance last year. IF you did not drive with us last year then your driver class will be based off of how cool your Facebook photos are…
- This class is for all beginner drifters.
- All safety rules stated above must be met.
- No tandem drifting allowed
- No passengers allowed unless it’s a drifting instructor.
- This class will be for all intermediate drifters.
- All safety rules stated above must be met
- Must have a working e-brake
- Must have entry-level coilovers or comparable suspension.
This group will be allowed to tandem based on the following criteria.
- All members of this group MUST have a roll cage for all road course
- Other A group drifters will evaluate each driver before being allowed to enter into group A.
Meet Angel, right before he droped the hottest album of 2016.
He will be on grid most of the day sending you off. Dont ask a him to set your go pro. He wont.
- Camping will be offered this year. Please keep in mind that all RSD rules on camping will be strictly enforced.
- No cars are to be on after dark. There is no driving around after dark No cars will be allowed to enter the track after dark unless they have previous arranged late arrival with me. If you anticipate a late arrival then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No animals are allowed
- No fires are allowed
- Be respectful of fellow campers
- Be ready to rock in the AM. Being tired is no excuse for missing drivers meeting!!
For any questions please feel free to contact the RSD crew by emailing us through our contact form or emailing us at email@example.com or contact Frank LeoGrande directly on Facebook.